What do Fitbits, smart lights and thermostats, voice assistants, and self-driving cars have in common? They are all part of the Internet of Things and they are all powered by micro controllers!
Here at Launch, we’ll be rolling out new curriculum modules designed to teach kids the fundamentals of circuits, robotics, IOT, and programming micro controllers like Arduino. These projects will be available to advanced students in our after-school program as well as in an abbreviated form for our week-long summer camps.
In this unit, students take on the role of Payload Commander of a mission to Mars, and explore Robotics and IOT devices to design lightweight scientific equipment and monitoring systems to keep the crew safe on their journey through space. The Arduino is a popular, powerful micro controller, a special kind of integrated circuit. coding camps austin for kids learn to program these mini-computers to work with electrical components to do whatever it is that you can dream up!
- Concepts of voltage, current, power, energy, and what a circuit is.
- How to use a multimeter and understanding the difference between measuring in series and in parallel.
- Use the Arduino IDE
During the call, our Executive Director of Coding Franchises for Kids Development will answer any initial questions you might have and send you a copy of our franchise disclosure document.
Skills students will take away from this course:
- How to build parallel and series circuits with LEDs and resistors.
- Work with breadboards and multimeters to create and test circuits.
- Build Arduino projects with simple inputs like buttons and photo resistors. Use the serial monitor and other types of output to create and test projects.
Want to learn more about Arduino and try out a space-themed project with your child? Join us for Arduino Day, a free official Arduino event at our Westlake location.